Responsible Service of Alcohol
Mosman Club believes that adult individuals have the right to choose to consume alcohol in licensed venues as a form of social activity. As an operator we have a responsibility to help minimise the risk of harm to individuals, our staff, other customers, and to the wider community.
We are committed to demonstrate best practice in terms of our service of alcohol and to set a positive example to our customers by:
- Not promoting any practice which may encourage rapid or excessive consumption of alcohol
- Actively participating in the local liquor accord and appropriate industry bodies
- Being proactive in identifying potential issues and encouraging alcohol related self-exclusion
- Refusing entry to persons who appear to be intoxicated or under the influence of illicit drugs
- Refusing service of alcohol to persons who appear intoxicated or are approaching intoxication
- Refusing service of alcohol to persons who are under the age of 18
- Refusing entry to a club in restricted areas to persons who appear to be under the age of 18 and cannot provide acceptable proof of age
- Refusing service of alcohol to persons who appear under the age of 18 and cannot provide acceptable proof of age
- Refusing service to persons who are suspected to be supplying alcohol to persons under the age of 18
- Not discriminating against any patron when implementing this policy
- Removing persons from a club premises who appear to be intoxicated
- Contacting Police if a person refuses to leave the premises when asked by a club representative. This will acquire an on the spot fine of $550.00
Mosman Club is committed to conducting all aspects of alcohol service in a professional and responsible manner, complying with all applicable laws and adhering to endorsed Liquor Service Codes of Practice.
Management and staff are aware of and adhere to all the rules and regulations applicable to responsible service of alcohol in NSW.
Mosman Club endeavours to provide a safe and friendly environment in which all members and visitors can socialise and enjoy themselves.
Mosman Club does not sanction or approve of any promotions that may encourage the rapid or excessive consumption of alcohol. Employees are required to encourage and promote responsible consumption of alcohol.
Mosman Club acknowledges that drunkenness, under-age drinking and alcoholism are serious social issues and therefore supports initiatives that assist in addressing and preventing these issues.
Our staff endeavour to prevent underage drinking in our venues by requiring valid proof of age from young adults to be presented in the form of an Australian driver’s licence, passport or other proof of age card permitted under applicable NSW law.
Mosman Club will continue to provide employee education, training and customer awareness programs on the Responsible Service of Alcohol.
Mosman Club is committed to meeting our obligations by providing products that include:
– Non-alcoholic drinks
– Low alcohol drinks
– Free water
– Food with drinks